My word for 2019, was Captain Jesus, which was a challenge to myself to let Jesus be the one in control of my life.
Helicopters have joystick and I believe we all have a JoyStick (the controls of our lives). Captain Jesus has been challenging me to hand over this #Joystick and it has been my biggest challenge, but this is what I am learning. Learning to hand over a joystick, to the #JoyKing, so that he can take us on a #JoyRide and thats what I want for my life!!! Not limited, controlled, small existence because i am too afraid to hand over controls.
You know what I am learning, is that, in reality, I don’t really have controls anyway, it’s a silly illusion I believe, because I cannot control anything in my life, except for my attitude and my choice for wanting to become the leader I was destined to be. The thing about choice is its either an expander/maximiser or a limiter in our lives. Every choice expands our future or limits future and when we make certain choices we sometimes choose limitations out of fear and insecurities. But every thing we want in life stands not eh other side of fear. let me say that again:
“Everything you’ve ever wanted is sitting on the other side of fear.”
Fear is a powerful emotion. It often masquerades as a cloak of protection, keeping us from doing things that may cause us harm. But sometimes, the real damage comes from the inaction that fear enables.
2019, was such a great year for me, a year of growth, a year of challenge to be better and in came 2020 and I chose a new word, MORE!!! 20XMORE to be exact and it was a year of change. As you see these past couple of months has challenged us, and we are starting to understand even more so that we are not in control. And Captain Jesus with the Joystick is still my greatest hope. My hope is Anchored in the One who never changes.
So with that I am sharing some of the questions that challenge me to keep stepping up and out of my comfort zone. To keep stretching to all that God has called me for. Left to my own demise, i am not going to be able to do one sensible thing – you know me, I live one step away form stupid (hahaha)
So everyday I make mistakes, I take the joystick back like a little child.
I remember when Bella was really small and she was playing with her legos, and when she broke it, I would offer help but she wanted to do it herself, she would be struggling but didn’t want my help. And the same way, I struggle, I try to figure things out my self and Holy Spirit is right there wanting to help, offering to help and I keep pulling aways saying No – I got this, No – I can fix this, but I keep challenging myself to offer it up – Hand full of broken things, broken dreams, broken plans, and I am reminding myself – all need to do is ask.
So I offer my ask here:
Its rough, its raw, it’s not perfect but it has helped me come before my God with ams open and i pray that it unlocks a beautiful friendship with the Holy Spirit and Captain Jesus.
It’s in the week after Pentecost that I write this, and I think its divinely inspired to remember the early days when the Holy Spirit came as fire and dwelt among us.
The purpose of Pentecost is that we become Christlike as the Holy Spirit is creating a new person in us by “writing” God’s ways on our minds and hearts. Jer 31:33
In a world driven by unreasonable deadlines and demands, it’s not unlikely that many are border lining a nervous breakdown. The relentless pressure to produce results feels like we are strapped onto a treadmill and the speed keeps increasing and we have not way to get off.
“For a man is a slave to whoever has mastered him.” 2 Peter 2.19
Work has become our God and it was insatiable, no matter how hard we work, it is never enough. We have lost our meaning and have become slaves to a bottom-line pressure and have burned ourselves out. And we have become professionally ineffective.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
So if you are ready to make a change then lets start praying.
Jesus forgive me for not trusting you, for leaning on my own understanding, I look to you for direction, i look to for your wisdom. You said in your word, (James 1:5) if anyone lacks wisdom we should ask of you, Lord. So i ask for wisdom for today. Wisdom is a key and I know that wisdom is what i need.
Proverbs 24:3-4 – By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Jesus in your word it says “For i know the plans i have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper me, plans not to harm me, plans to give me a future and a hope.
Holy Spirit I ask of you:
- Please be my guide today, i pray that you will be with me today, that you will speak to my heart, that you will challenge me to become my best self today, you will guide me into all truth, as your word says. The purpose of my life is to be moulded into the image of my Christ, please help to become everything you called me, to become everything that you intended. I want to return to you at the end of my life, knowing i did everything you called me to do on earth. that i return to you empty and fulfilling everything in my mandate. Help me to challenge fear in my life, especially where it holds me back, limits me from my calling.
- Holy Spirit as my guide today i pray that you will open my eyes to the work that I am called to do ?
- Please give me wisdom in building my house on the solid rock today. Please reveal to my areas in my life, that i need your and your leadership?
- Please prompt my heart for the things of your kingdom. Help me find meaning in my everyday work. You wired me with a purpose, passions and strengths, i need your help in utilising these gifts to serve the world everyday.
- Holy Spirit please take captive of my mind, may no thought exhalt itself higher than you and your word. Bring to my awareness any limiting agreements and decisions that I made because of pain and hurt that doesn’t serve my purpose and my gift to the world and help me to pull down these strongholds down daily.
- Put a guard on my lips, may you Guide me that only words of life will be uttered from these lips towards myself or any other of your creations. I know that out of the abundance of my heart, y mouth speaks, so speak to my daily that i will mediate on your word day and night .
- I pray that you will renew my mind as i dwell, in your spirit. As you word states – Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. (Rom 12:2) I pray for my mind to be transformed daily, I pray that you will give me discernment in every moment of today -to discern your perfect will. Take over my thougtts, break the patterns of limitation, lack and scarcity, I ask now for Abundance in my thoughts, for big thinking, for Possibility Mindset- because with you All things are possible!! I dont want my lack of imagination to Limit you God!!!Challenge my mind today !!!
- ‘Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask, think or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen’ (Ephesians 3:20–21)
I hope this prayer adds value to you